Monday, June 22, 2009

June 23 Verse 1: Knowing and Trusting Our Great God

Psalm 63: 1—3 1 "A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; 2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. 3. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee."
A while back we meditated on 1 Peter 2: 1- 2 thinking about the sincere milk of the Word and how babies need milk and cry out for it until they get it. David clearly understands that. Longing for God like a thirsty man in a desert. It's what he needs to survive, to live. "Just to behold His face, just to behold His face, all I want when I get to heaven, is just to behold His face..." And what about right now? Do you long for God? Is His nearness to you so important that you will let nothing get between you and Him.
Father in heaven, bless us with your presence, draw us so close that all else in this world pales and fades away when you are near. Thank you for being our God. We owe you our worship and praise. In Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment