Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15 - 21 Meditating on the Word of God


Hebrews 4:12 "For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”


This is our sixth week and sixth verse. This is the last week for the theme “Meditating on the Word of God”. I hope you are finding time with God’s Word refreshing and strengthening. Look for posts throughout the week and please share your insights and thoughts. Final thoughts and the next verse will be posted on or before next Saturday. May God richly bless your time with Him this week. As always, thanks for listening, Leslie

1 comment:

  1. Now how can the word of God cut, you ask? I use the scripture reference, a lot of times, as it is in the natural, so it is in the spiritual. When we look at a spiritual sword we have to look at it in terms of what spiritual things are being affected...the soul and spirit. The soul has been often defined as 'the seat of our emotions and affections'. The spirit is what allows our spirit to communicate with God's spirit. So many times we are led by our emotions and affections and it can get us into deep trouble. Years ago I got into a bad argument with my sister. Let me say, it was her fault. That's what we do, isn't it...sometimes our emotions say we have to blame somebody else. Well, neverthess, the next day God placed it in my spirit to apologize to her. I had a temper tantrum like a little kid short of falling out on the floor and kicking. "Are you kidding me. Me apologize to her? I didn't do anything!" Well the whole day I felt this unction in my spirit to apologize and I know how God deals with me. If I don't do what he says it overwhelms me until I do. Cringing the whole time but knowing I had to do it. To make a long story short, I apologized to her. But talking about cutting me hard. I couldn't believe God was making me do this. The spirit said, "How did she see me in your behavior." I could've crawled under a rock. When I finally apologized she didn't even remember the incident at all because she was so intoxicated. I was like, "God you knew she wouldn't remember. Why did I have to apologize?" A test of my obedience. Let the sword of God which is the (s)word of God work on you everyday "that you might be perfect and entire, lacking nothing."
    Be blessed,
    God loves you!

    ReplyDelete