Monday, June 22, 2009

Craving For Your Favorite Food



Psalm 63: 1—3 1 "A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah.

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; 2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. 3. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee."

When I read this scripture I think about Skittles. Right. Have I lost my mind you ask and what does Skittles have to do with Psalm 63:1? I'm sure that you have a favorite 'thing' that sometimes you just can't get enough of. Well, Skittles. Years ago I just couldn't get enough of them. I'd crave them and eat bags of them until I got tired and couldn't eat anymore. It was simply one of my favorite things.


When David was in the wilderness of Judah he was experiencing a craving. He had a relationship with God that was so sweet to him that he had a habit of looking for him and talking with him first thing. It appears that he craved God as soon as he woke up in the morning. It was his first thought. His mind, will and emotions were craving to be in the presence of God, "to see thy power and thy glory..." but David was in a place where he couldn't make it to the sanctuary. He was in the wilderness.

I'm sure there's been wilderness times in your life where it seemed that nothing was going right....couldn't pay your bills, children wouldn't act right, health was failing, friends couldn't be depended on, and problems on the job and to top it off, you couldn't get to CHURCH! Couldn't get a word from the pastor or feel the presence of God such as is known in the sanctuary. It is then that through our relationship with him we should be able to draw from the spirit of God and know that we are never without his presence. How amazing to be in his presence and can't get enough of him. That was David's experience.


Today, when you think of your favorite 'things' and remember how it makes you feel, try adding God to your favorite things list and experience what David did.


For the scriptures says, "Psalm 19:9-11 (King James Version)
10More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.


God loves you, Evangelist Dorothy


BE BLESSED

1 comment:

  1. What a comforting thought. God is not unreachable or untouchable but is as close as and even better than our favorite things. I am praying that He become my favorite all the time. Thanks for sharing Dorothy. I always enjoy your posts. Be blessed Leslie

    ReplyDelete