Saturday, May 30, 2009

May 30 Meditating on the Word of God

God's Word...My pattern
Psalm 19 can be divided into three parts. Part 1 (Vs 1 - 6) says Our God, the God of this universe shows His glory in all of His creation. There is no place where His glory is not seen or felt. Just as no one on earth can escape the impact of the sun no one can escape the majestic presence of God. Day and night, north and south, east and west every direction and secret place are open to Him.
Part 2 (Vs 7 - 11) says this majestic God has given us His law, His Words, to live by. His commandments, which lead us to righteousness. In every way they are good for us. In every way they are designed to get us to a better state. Where we are wrong they make us right, where we are right they strengthen and keep us.
Part 3 (Vs 12 - 14) declares but as for me I am undone. I can’t even comprehend the magnitude of my own flaws and failure. I need God to stem the tide of unrighteousness in me. I will be overwhelmed by my own nature if God does not deliver me. I want to be free from sin. I want my internal and external states to reflect the glory of God.
This is my prayer today for us all: Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment