Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 16-23: Choices, Choices (Reflections on Psalm 1: 1-2)



I love this verse of Scripture! Psalm 1: 1-2 clearly points to the fact that we have to make a choice in life. No one gets through life without doing so. Even when we think we are straddling the fence, we are making a choice. This scripture is one that I hide in my heart and remind myself of daily. With every breath we take, every step we make, we are choosing to live or die. Moses in Deuteronomy 30: 19, admonishes the people of God to choose life by living life on God's terms. These precious verses of Scripture help us to read the signs of life that support us in the choices we make. Blessed or "happy" is the man that is vigilant about the company he or she keeps. Our grandparents had the wisdom that only faith in God can bring. They taught many of us to choose our friends wisely. They encouraged us to not sit in the cynic's seat in terms of our speech and our thinking. They taught us that wrongs done in the dark will always come to the light.

I have been doing a study of the how the Word of God has come to us. It's amazing to me that whenever we spend time in the Word, we are hearing the voice of God. Not the voice of men...but God's Voice! Wow, what an amazing thing. What a joy it is to know that our Eternal, Holy and Majestic God cares enough to speak to us! Is it any wonder the Psalmist tells us there is JOY and Delight in the Word of the Lord!

God created man to worship and have fellowship with Him. It is part of the fabric and fiber of our souls. That's why spending time with the Lord meditating on His Word is such a delight--such a pleasure. I have included one of my favorite praise songs in this entry. I invite you to use it to meditate on the Word of God--and our complete need for it! Keep the joy in your heart this week! Spend some time with HIM in the WORD!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This journey has become even more exciting because you are a contributing author. I love reading your entries and look forward to more. I'm proud to know ya!

    ReplyDelete