Tuesday, August 4, 2009


August 3– 9

Trials Make Us Grow Up

James 1: 2– 4



Psalms 119:71 says "It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes".


Wow! Now there's an eye opener! It is good for me that I have been afflicted so that I can learn.

It seems like everyday you talk to someone else who is being afflicted; who is going through some type of health or family issue or job issue. After I passed the golden age of 50's it seemed like everything started going down hill. I was always hurting, always at the doctors office. I seemed to be hurting from head to toe and most times I don't tell anyone because they wonder, "You sick again?" Have you ever just stopped and asked, "God, what is going on?" But I'm learning that it's not what I'm going through but how I'm going through it.

James 1:2-4 says "Count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations, knowing that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work that ye might be perfect and entire, lacking nothing." So, we are to rejoice in our infirmities. In all things we are to give thanks because that is the will of God concerning you.

Sometimes you may find it hard to give thanks and to 'count it all joy' when you are in the middle of a trial but faith in God knows that you are more than a conquerer. So whether in the body or out, you are a winner anyway! So rejoice in your trials and let God get the glory out of your living.

As you meditate on being a winner this week, let these scriptures minister to your spirit, ...that ye might be perfect and entire and not lacking in any area of your life. Be blessed, Love Evangelist Dorthy


Psalm 119:71
It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.
Romans 5:3-5
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope makes not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Romans 8:35
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
2 Cor. 1:3-4
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
2 Cor. 1:7
And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
Eph. 3:13
Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

1 comment:

  1. Your contributions are ALWAYS a blessing. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete