Sunday, June 5, 2011

Psalm 1: 1 - 2 Are you blessed?

Psalm 1: 1 – 2 Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.


When we were looking at Joshua1:8 we said “Give God’s Word first place, all the time.” Somehow it seems to me that applies to this week’s verse as well. Psalm 1: 1 – 2 is again about the place that we give God’s Word in our lives. I don’t mean to sound like a broken record but here let me repeat a few words from last week. “It’s as if God says to Joshua,” take this Book, take My Words and give them such a place in your life that they (My Words) are on the tip of your tongue at all times. Let it guide your thinking, frame your words, your decisions, your leadership style, your behaviors and actions, your attitudes, your motivations, your hopes, your dreams and visions, and your desires. Let everything you say and do be colored by the lenses of My Words.” God continues “This will happen if you think on, meditate on, pray through My Words day and night. All the time. When you wake, when you work, when you rest, when you sleep, when you plan.  Always be in a state of thinking deeply about what My Words say.” That’s what verse 2 tells us.


The additional thoughts from verse 1 paint a picture for us of what not to do. Who do I seek out and listen to for advice? Who do I want to be like? Who do I admire? What choices am I making when it comes to my life's decisions and directions? Psalm 1:1 says you are blessed, happy, fortunate if your answers to those questions do not include ungodly individuals.

Are you blessed? Share your thoughts. I would be glad to hear from you. As always...thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment